The Contract Fund Development Officer, under the direction of the Executive Director of the South Huron Hospital Foundation, will primarily be responsible for assisting with the creation and execution of a fundraising strategy that will enable the South Huron Hospital Foundation supporting the South Huron Hospital and Jessica’s House to fulfill its mission. This position will assist with event planning, social media and marketing, and local awareness. Knowledge of the local community will be required to excel in this position.
- Help create and execute a fundraising strategy that will enable the South Huron Hospital Foundation supporting the South Huron Hospital and Jessica’s House (referred to collectively as “The Foundation” for the remainder of this document) to fulfill its mission;
- Assist in the development of an annual fundraiser and the event planning and organization of other fundraising events to raise funds to support the core activities of The Foundation;
- Actively engage in social media and marketing activities for the purpose of raising awareness and generating donations for The Foundation;
Act as an ambassador in the community, positively representing The Foundation;
- Work independently to set personal goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that the Foundations fundraising targets are being met;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, and creativity;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Proven and successful track record of achievement related to fundraising and successful proposal development;
- Work effectively with volunteers and other members of the community at large;
- Self-motivated and able to work from both the South Huron Hospital Foundation office
and Jessica’s House;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Combination of related education and business experience- preference in Fundraising, Philanthropy, Marketing, or equivalent;
Knowledge of the local community is essential;
- Prior experience with event planning/management;
- Not-for-profit fundraising experience is an asset;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
This position is a part-time contract position. The selected candidate will be able to have a flexible schedule. The expected time commitment will be approximately 20 hours/week although the hours may be increased in some weeks and reduced in others to warrant additional time for event planning leading up to fundraising events. The candidate will be provided an annual salary based on a specified number of hours to be discussed during the hiring process.
Note to applicants: When applying for this position, please indicate your wage expectations.
Please submit your resume in writing by 4pm, Friday August 16th, 2019 by email to [email protected] or by mail to the South Huron Hospital Foundation, 24 Huron St. W., Exeter, ON N0M 1S2
Only the successful applicants will be contacted.